PostdocInUSA (www.postdocinusa.com) is a content website that offers information and tips to future and present international postdocs in USA.
A high standard of quality and excellence is expected of any written content (“Written Content”), which includes written work like articles, posts, news, interviews, published on PostdocInUSA website. PostdocInUSA welcomes written contents that cover a variety of topics centered on postdoctoral experience and life in USA.
If you have an article/post in mind that is not yet covered on our website, but you feel would be a good fit for PostdocInUSA website, please submit your ideas as all relevant topics are welcome!
Terms & Conditions
All written contents must comply with the following terms and conditions:
I. CONTRIBUTOR’S RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Written Content should be kept between 400 and 1600 words. Longer Written Content is allowed if it is necessary and relevant, but PostdocInUSA decides the final length of the Written Content.
- Contributor may submit a short bio statement (up to 50 words), with a photo, that may or may not be used with the Written Content.
- A separate bio page for Contributors may be created at PostdocInUSA’s sole discretion.
- Contributor will be allowed to have up to 3 links within the author bio. This may be his personal website, blog, or social media accounts, but it cannot be an affiliate link or point to an affiliate site. If there is not an appropriate profile for linking, only a name will be provided. PostdocInUSA reserves the right to remove the author bio links within PostdocInUSA’s sole discretion.
- Written Content must be Contributor’s own original work that has not been previously published on any other website, forum, chat or social media network of any kind.
- Plagiarism or copyright infringement is not permitted. Contributor is solely responsible for ensuring that the content Contributor submits to PostdocInUSA does not conflict with any copyright, patent, trademark or publication rights already granted to other publishers, and PostdocInUSA is not responsible for any infringement of external publication rights.
- PostdocInUSA welcomes images and/or video to accompany Contributor’s Written Content as long as they meet the following requirements:
- Contributor must be the copyright holder of the image/video OR the image/video must be licensed under an appropriate creative commons license or in the public domain. Proof must be submitted along with any image/video showing that it does not infringe on copyright laws.
- PostdocInUSA reserves the right to change/edit the image/video if necessary.
- If people are included in the image/video, then Contributor must provide a written release allowing use of likeness.
- Video/image submissions must be relevant to the post.
- PostdocInUSA reserves the right to deny or remove any image/video it deems inappropriate or contrary to the values of PostdocInUSA.
- Contributor must ensure that his Written Content does not knowingly contain untrue statements and that all statements in the Content that are asserted as facts are true and/or based upon reasonable research for accuracy.
- When quoting other authors or publications, contributor must make sure to properly cite his source.
- Written Content will acknowledge Contributor’s authorship, but will be the property of PostdocInUSA.
- Once the Written Content has been submitted to PostdocInUSA, Contributor may not publish it anywhere, in part or in whole, whether online or in a paper version. If Contributor wishes to use this Written Content, or any other Content from PostdocInUSA website, Contributor’s request must be made in writing to PostdocInUSA, and, if approved, any such usage must contain a notice stating that the Content is used with such permission, and was originally published on PostdocInUSA website. Contributor must include a link pointing to the original Content on PostdocInUSA website.
- Contributor may promote his Written Content on his own website, Facebook, Twitter or other social media forums. Promoting the Content does not give Contributor permission to post the entire Written Content on these forums. Contributor may include a link to his Written Content and a short sentence or two explaining what the Written Content is about.
- Written Content shall not include any affiliate links.
- Contributor will receive writing credit as author of the Written Content at the beginning of the article.
- Contributor irrevocably transfers and assigns to PostdocInUSA all rights, title, and interest in and to all Written Contents he submits to PostdocInUSA, including without limitation any and all “moral rights” that Contributor may have in any Written Content.
- Contributor grants PostdocInUSA the right to use Contributor’s name and likeness on and in connection with the promotion and distribution of Written Content.
- Contributor will not be entitled to any compensation for contributing to PostdocInUSA (e.g. writing Content for PostdocInUSA) or for any revenue related to Written Content.
- By providing a Written Content to PostdocInUSA, Contributor agrees that he is in no way becoming a part of the website, nor shall he hold himself out to be a member of the PostdocInUSA website or team.
II. POSTDOCINUSA’S RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- PostdocInUSA reserves the right to add its own affiliate links where appropriate.
- PostdocInUSA will share and promote the Written Content on a variety of social media networks, but does not guarantee any particular site or audience reach.
- Links to any third-party site must be relevant to the topic and approved by PostdocInUSA.
- All search engine optimization (“SEO”) information, such as anchor text or alt tags, will be reviewed and subject to inclusion at the discretion of PostdocInUSA.
- Excessive links or links that appear to be affiliate links or spam related will be removed at the discretion of PostdocInUSA.
- All Written Contents are reviewed and approved by PostdocInUSA prior to posting. PostdocInUSA will have final approval on all content published on PostdocInUSA website.
- PostdocInUSA reserves the right to edit Written Content where necessary to ensure the Content is consistent with the values of PostdocInUSA.
- PostdocInUSA reserves the right to refuse publication or remove Written Contents without prior notice to the Contributor.
- If a Written Content submission is inappropriate or needs improvements, PostdocInUSA will let Contributor know and offer suggestions so that it may be published at a later time.
- PostdocInUSA will review Contributor’s submissions in a timely manner. PostdocInUSA reserves the right to refuse publication of any Written Content.
The sole consideration offered by PostdocInUSA to Contributor is the opportunity to have Contributor’s Content published on PostdocInUSA website, with Contributor’s authorship acknowledged (short biography statement and/or profile’s photo and up to 3 links).
Contributor indemnifies PostdocInUSA from any potential legal liability/damage that may arise from Contributor’s Written Content. More precisely, Contributor agrees to indemnify and hold PostdocInUSA harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, losses and expenses, including, but not limited to court costs and reasonable fees and expenses of attorneys, expert witnesses, and other professionals, arising out of or resulting from any action by a third party against PostdocInUSA that is based on any claim that any Written Content infringes a copyright or other proprietary right or violates a trade secret.
V. TERM OF AGREEMENT
This Agreement shall commence on the date of registration on PostdocInUSA website. The term of this Agreement shall be one (1) year, and shall automatically renew thereafter. This Agreement will end when one or more of the conditions listed in Section VI, entitled, Termination of Agreement, occurs.
VI. TERMINATION OF AGREEMENT
- Each party may terminate this Agreement, with or without cause, by providing a thirty (30) day written notice to the other party.
- In the event of any breach of this Agreement, PostdocInUSA may terminate or suspend this agreement without advanced notice.
- Except as otherwise provided herein, the following provisions shall survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement from any and all causes: I, II, and IV.
The offer contained in this Agreement is made only on the terms originally set forth in this Agreement. Contributor may not make modifications to this Agreement without the express written consent of PostdocInUSA. PostdocInUSA, at its discretion, reserves the right to update terms and conditions of agreement.
PostdocInUSA’s failure to enforce any term or condition of this Agreement will not be deemed a waiver of any terms or conditions of this Agreement.
The provisions of this Agreement entitled I. Contributor’s Rights and Responsibilities, II. PostdocInUSA’s Rights and Responsibilities and IV. Indemnification shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
X. GOVERNING LAW
This Agreement is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of France.
XI. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter of the Agreement and supersedes any and all prior agreements or understandings among the parties with respect to its subject matter.
By submitting Written Contents to PostdocInUSA and so being a Contributor to PostdocInUSA Website, you agree that you have read and understand this agreement and agree to be bound by it.